In the Foster Care and Adoption LMS, The Guiding Principles for Oklahoma Resource Families training curriculum is delivered through a program called Resource Family Training (RFT). RFT meets the pre-service training requirements for Foster Care and Adoption Resource Parents in the state of Oklahoma .
The online program consists of an Introduction, nine Sessions, and a final Program Evaluation, plus you’ll have three Session Review phone calls with your Training Specialist.
You’ll already be enrolled in the course RFT Session 1 – Children in Out-of-Home Care when you log in for the first time, so it will appear on your dashboard under My courses. Click the course name to open it and begin.
When you successfully complete RFT Session 1,
the system automatically enrolls you in RFT Session 2;
when you successfully complete RFT Session 2,
the system automatically enrolls you in RFT Session 3;
and so on!
Before you begin RFT Session 1, we strongly encourage you to work through RFT Session 0—Introduction to Guiding Principles for Oklahoma Resource Families Online Training. This introductory course features a simple lesson that provides valuable information about Resource Family Training, such as:
- Training requirements
- Guiding Principles curriculum overview
- RFT Program structure
- Supplemental resources
- Study tips
- Online course (Lesson) tutorial
|0||Introduction to Guiding Principles for Oklahoma Resource Families Online Training|
|1||Children in Out-of-Home Care|
|2||Resource Family Practice|
|3||Culture and Connections|
Big Picture Questions: Session 1, Session 2, Session 3
|Review||First Session Review Phone Call with Training Specialist|
|4||Understanding Development and Trauma|
|5||Becoming More Trauma-Informed|
Big Picture Questions: Session 4, Session 5, Session 6
|Review||Second Session Review Phone Call with Training Specialist|
|8||Characteristics of Successful Families|
|9||Tying It All Together: Safety, Permanence, and Well-Being|
Big Picture Questions: Session 7, Session 8, Session 9
|Review||Final Session Review Phone Call with Training Specialist|
|Final||Program Evaluation & Certificate of Completion|
- Lessons that open in a new window and include information, questions and online learning activities.
- Multiple-choice Quizzes about the lesson material. You must achieve a grade of 80% or more to pass, but can take each quiz as many times as needed.
- Session 3, Session 6, and Session 9 contain Big Picture Questions (BPQ): free-answer questions about major concepts explored in the previous sessions. After submitting your BPQ answers, you must wait for your Training Specialist to:
- Read and evaluate each BPQ response.
- Contact you for a Session Review phone call—if needed, you’ll discuss any BPQ answers that require revision.
- Mark the BPQ responses approved in the system, which unlocks your next session.
After the third and final Session Review phone call, you’ll be asked to provide feedback about your training experience in the RFT Program Evaluation, which unlocks a Certificate to be printed/saved and submitted to your Training Specialist.